Though Eid has already crossed the dates in our calendar, Sheerkhurma is a drink that is made in every muslim household for the entire month of Eid. It is said that it brings back the lost energy in our body during Ramadan. And the best part is it is quick to make as much as delicious it tastes.
- Dry fruits (Almonds, Pistachios, Cashew nuts, Raisins, Dried dates(kharak), Charoli seeds)- 250g (finely chopped)
- Saffron (kesar)- 2-3 threads
- Milk- 1 litre
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Vermicelli (sevayya)- 50g
- Wheat flour- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Heat ghee in a vessel and add flour to it. Stir it for a few seconds until it turns a little brownish.
- Add all the dry fruits and stir for a few seconds.
- Crush the vermicelli and add it to the vessel. Allow it to sauté for a while.
- Pour milk in it along with sugar according to your taste.
- Lastly, you can also add some saffron to it and allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
And your signature Eid drink (Sheerkhurma) is ready to be served.
Do like and share the recipe if you liked it. Also follow our Facebook page to keep yourself updated with our latest recipes.