Ghugni is a Bihari dish, originated in Bihar (India). It’s famous for snack time with tea. It is one of the quick and budget-friendly snacks. It can be served with rice, roti or even plain. Mostly people take it plain as just Ghugni. It,s garnishing makes it look tempting, and is simple to make! One of the healthy dish it is, fills tummy and nutritious all the way!
- Black chick peas or green peas- 2 cups
- Onion- 4
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
- Green chilies- 4
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Chat masala, according to taste
- Soak dried black chick peas for 8 hours (Green peas need not to be soaked).
- Heat oil in a pan, fry chopped onions with ginger garlic paste and add chick peas in it. Fry on high heat.
- Now add cumin seeds, black pepper powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and chat masala on low heat.
- Mix them all.
- Add half cup water and cook ghugni on low flame with covered lid.
- Keep checking and in around 15 minutes it would be ready to serve.
- Garnish with finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
Enjoy your evening snacks time..!!